What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files created by the web pages you are visiting, the file is stored in the folder or subfolder of your browser. In them, the user’s browsing information and preferences are collected, in order to be able to recognize it and give it a better service, making it easier for them to navigate and use the web.
Cookies cannot harm your computer. They are not executable files, nor viruses and they cannot spread them. No cookie can extract information from the user’s hard drive or steal personal information.
Types and purposes of cookies
1. According to the entity that manages them.
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
2. According to the period of time they remain activated in the terminal equipment.
- Session cookies: They are a type of cookies designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page.
- Persistent cookies: They are a type of cookies in which the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
3. According to its purpose.
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access parts of restricted access, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process of purchasing an order, make a request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for dissemination of videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed. , the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and to create navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided based on criteria such as edited content or how often ads are shown.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Cookies used on our website:
- Session cookie
- This cookie is saved in order to keep the session active during the time of use of the web.
You can consult the instructions for configuring cookies in the «Help» sections of each browser: Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, Safari … or at http://www.aboutcookies.org (English)
APT.ES is not the owner of the previous links so it will not assume any responsibility for their content or updates.